Single Point of Advice
The Single Point of Advice (SPoA) provides advice to practitioners on concerns they have about children at Level 3 or 4 (targeted/specialist and child protection services) on the continuum of need. The SPoA can be contacted on the below details Mon-Thurs 8.30am-5pm and Fri 8.30am-4.30pm.
Phone: 01323 464222
Children’s Services no longer offer advice about children with Level 1 and 2 needs– instead it has online guidance and advice for families.
Before contacting SPoA
Before contacting SPoA you must discuss the situation with your organisation’s safeguarding lead to discuss the level of need on the Continuum of Need.
The only exception to this is if a practitioner and safeguarding lead manager assess that the child is at immediate risk of significant harm.
If so they should phone SPoA immediately making it clear their concern is about immediate risk. If the safeguarding lead is not available then the practitioner should contact SPoA immediately.
What SpoA will ask you
- Have you checked SingleView to see if an ESCC service is already supporting the child? If so, have you spoken to that service?
- Who else you have spoken to?
- For details of child/family
- For a summary of your concerns
- If you have you referred to the Continuum of Need?
- Do you need to report a child protection concern? (forms below)
Reporting a child protection concern using a form
The SPoA team will advise you if you need the form or not.
SingleView gives partners an overview of ESCC Children’s Services involvements, case status and relationships. For SingleView information and applications go to the ESCC SingleView webpage