Multi-Agency Child Exploitation (MACE)
The Multi-Agency Child Exploitation (MACE) Group is the strategic planning group for partnership activity to address the sexual and/or criminal exploitation of children, including ‘County Lines’ and missing children.
The purpose of the group is to:
- deliver a holistic and effective response to children and young people referred to MACE.
- raise awareness within the community and deliver preventative education to equip children and young people with the skills they need to make safe and healthy choices and avoid situations which put them at risk of exploitation.
- develop a ‘disruption toolkit’ to divert children and young people from being exploited and disrupt those engaging in child exploitation.
- strengthen and support safeguarding arrangements for transitional 18-25 year olds (with a particular focus on care leavers).
- oversee the statutory delivery and performance of services to Missing Children.
The member of the group is drawn from all Partnership agencies, including:
- Children’s Services
- Substance Misuse
- Voluntary organisations
- Youth Offending Team
- Young Runaways Project, and
- Youth Services